Monday, November 21, 2011

Peacemaker


Taking blade to throat
Taking pen to paper
Two "equal" methods of bringing about peace
I am now a killer
Peace is made by my hand
Not merely kept by my handwriting

Taking pen to paper
Taking blade to throat
Two "equal" methods of bringing about peace
I am now a diplomat
Peace is made by my penmanship
Not merely kept by my swordplay

Taking sword in one hand
Taking pen in the other
Now this is a sight to behold
A true dual-wielder of war
One hand to cut down thine enemies
One hand to write down a peace treaty.

Now I must cast one aside
A killer or a diplomat?
My records of each are equally great
My life has been lived by the blade and I always swore to die by it
My life has turned to the sharpest weapon being only my wit
I love death as I love my life
I love peace as I love death

I made the choice of diplomat
I'm damn fine at it
But my heart still aches to spill blood

I'm not a killer anymore...
Or am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment